Customer Service Policy Statement
Providing Goods and Services to People with Disabilities.
Manion Wilkins & Associates Ltd. strives at all times to provide its products and services in a way that respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities. We are also committed to giving people with disabilities the same opportunity to access our products and services and allowing them to benefit from the same services, in the same place and in a similar way as other customers.
Manion Wilkins & Associates Ltd. is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities and we will carry out our functions and responsibilities in the following areas:
A. The Provision of Goods and Services to Persons with Disabilities
Manion Wilkins & Associates Ltd. will make every reasonable effort to ensure that its policies, practices and procedures are consistent with the principles of dignity, independence, integration and equal opportunity by:
- Ensuring that all customers receive the same value and quality;
- Allowing customers with disabilities to do things in their own ways, at their own pace when accessing products and services as long as this does not present a safety risk
- Using alternative methods when possible to ensure that customers with disabilities have access to the same services, in the same place and in a similar manner
- Taking into account individual needs when providing products and services
- Communicating in a manner that takes into account the customer’s disability
B. Assistive Devices
Customer’s own assistive device(s):
Persons with disabilities may use their own assistive devices as required when accessing products or services provided by Manion Wilkins & Associates Ltd.
Manion Wilkins & Associates Ltd. does not have assistive devices available for customers.
C. Guide Dogs, Service Animals and Support Persons
We are committed to welcoming people with disabilities who are accompanied by a service animal on the parts of our premises that are open to the public and other third parties. We will also ensure that all staff, volunteers and others dealing with the public are properly trained in how to interact with people with disabilities who are accompanied by a service animal.
We are committed to welcoming people with disabilities who are accompanied by a support person. Any person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to enter Manion Wilkins & Associates Ltd.’s premises with his or her support person. At no time will a person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person be prevented from having access to his or her support person while on our premises.
Manion Wilkins & Associates Ltd. does not charge admission fees. Payment is not required by a support person for admission to the premises.
D. Notice of Disruptions in Service
Manion Wilkins & Associates Ltd. will provide customers with notice in the event of a planned or unexpected disruption in the facilities or services usually used by people with disabilities. This notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated duration, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available.
The notice will be placed in the public Reception areas of the premises, the nearest accessible entrance to the service disruption and/or on the Manion Wilkins & Associates Ltd. website.
Manion, Wilkins & Associates Ltd. will provide training to all employees, volunteers and other people who deal with the public or other third parties on their behalf.
Training will include the following:
- The purposes of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing Manion Wilkins & Associates Ltd.’s products and services
- Manion Wilkins & Associates Ltd.’s policies, practices and procedures relating to the customer service standard
- Applicable staff will be trained on policies, practices and procedures that affect the way products and services are provided to people with disabilities. Staff will also be trained on an ongoing basis when changes are made to these policies, practices and procedures
F. Feedback Process
The ultimate goal of Manion Wilkins & Associates Ltd. is to meet and surpass customer expectations while serving customers with disabilities. Comments on our services regarding how well those expectations are being met are welcome and appreciated.
- Feedback regarding the way Manion Wilkins & Associates Ltd. provides products and services to people with disabilities can be made verbally (in person or by telephone) or in writing through email, regular mail or by filling out an onsite feedback form (see below)
- Customers who wish to provide feedback by completing an onsite customer feedback form can do so by requesting a form from the Reception areas of Manion Wilkins & Associates Ltd. premises
- Customers who wish to provide feedback verbally can do so to any Manion Wilkins & Associates Ltd. employee
- Customers that provide formal feedback will receive acknowledgement of their feedback, along with any resulting actions based on concerns or complaints that were submitted
Submitting Feedback & Administration:
If you would like to submit feedback or if you have any questions or concerns about this policy statement please contact:
- Manager Human Resources: 416-234-5044
- Manion Wilkins & Associates Ltd.
500 – 21 Four Seasons Place
Toronto, ON M9B 0A5
This policy and its related procedures will be reviewed as required in the event of legislative changes.